Chrysler - 2007 Dodge Charger K39 shiftlock replaced only for some owners
We (Tina and I) are the single owners of a 2007 Dodge Charger. About 2 months ago the car became stuck in shift lock due to a faulty, flimsy pink piece of thin plastic that broke and would not let the car be shifted out of park. The pink plastic part has been placed under Customer Satisfaction Notification for some owners but it is not been for all owners of 2007 Dodge Chargers. The dealership and corporation say it depends on where it was manufactured if they will cover the cost to replace the part, even though the faulty plastic part is the exact same NO MATTER where it was manufactured, and this was admitted by the service tech.
We paid $338.97 out of pocket for this repair after spending 9 hours at two different dealerships getting the typical treatment of "you will give up before they will attitude".
The piece that broke is about the width of a toothpick. This part was obviously engineered to fail solely to maximize profits for the corporation and Chrysler should cover all vehicles that have this thin piece of plastic that gets used every time the car is driven.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2007 Dodge Charger
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!! I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer,..."
- "When I bought my Fiat 500L last July and picked it up. It was not detailed. There were two small parts to be replaced and the car was not filled..."
- "So, just bought this fifth wheel.keystone sprinter 324fwbhs I wanted an all seasons for the hot months and cold months. They have a sticker posted on the left next to..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."