Chrysler - 2007 Dodge Charger K39 shiftlock replaced only for some owners
We (Tina and I) are the single owners of a 2007 Dodge Charger. About 2 months ago the car became stuck in shift lock due to a faulty, flimsy pink piece of thin plastic that broke and would not let the car be shifted out of park. The pink plastic part has been placed under Customer Satisfaction Notification for some owners but it is not been for all owners of 2007 Dodge Chargers. The dealership and corporation say it depends on where it was manufactured if they will cover the cost to replace the part, even though the faulty plastic part is the exact same NO MATTER where it was manufactured, and this was admitted by the service tech.
We paid $338.97 out of pocket for this repair after spending 9 hours at two different dealerships getting the typical treatment of "you will give up before they will attitude".
The piece that broke is about the width of a toothpick. This part was obviously engineered to fail solely to maximize profits for the corporation and Chrysler should cover all vehicles that have this thin piece of plastic that gets used every time the car is driven.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2007 Dodge Charger
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Justice for Karen! PLEASE FRIENDS SHARE ! Here are the Facts: Chrysler Corp. will not stand up for their Vehicles! I have a 2008 Chrysler T&C purchased on May 18, 2008 In..."
- "PARK 'N FLY Confirmation Number: P1958528My reservation was for: Cleveland - PARK 'N FLYAddress: 19000 Snow Road, Cleveland, OH 44142 Phone: (216) 267-3665Departure Date: Saturday, March 23, 2013 at..."
- "I can't believe how I was treated by chryslers claim department they were friendly at first and told me to take my one year old 2014 300S to the dealership..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."