Chrysler - 2007 Dodge Charger K39 shiftlock replaced only for some owners
We (Tina and I) are the single owners of a 2007 Dodge Charger. About 2 months ago the car became stuck in shift lock due to a faulty, flimsy pink piece of thin plastic that broke and would not let the car be shifted out of park. The pink plastic part has been placed under Customer Satisfaction Notification for some owners but it is not been for all owners of 2007 Dodge Chargers. The dealership and corporation say it depends on where it was manufactured if they will cover the cost to replace the part, even though the faulty plastic part is the exact same NO MATTER where it was manufactured, and this was admitted by the service tech.
We paid $338.97 out of pocket for this repair after spending 9 hours at two different dealerships getting the typical treatment of "you will give up before they will attitude".
The piece that broke is about the width of a toothpick. This part was obviously engineered to fail solely to maximize profits for the corporation and Chrysler should cover all vehicles that have this thin piece of plastic that gets used every time the car is driven.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2007 Dodge Charger
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "So, just bought this fifth wheel.keystone sprinter 324fwbhs I wanted an all seasons for the hot months and cold months. They have a sticker posted on the left next to..."
- "Nope they made me take this thing back ! They drive it for a couple if weeks ! Camera worked for them but since I had pictures they replaced it!..."
- "If you buy a Terrain which is a great vehicle, do not look for parts not available from GMC. This vehicle is in such high demand that when you need..."
- "Iready is a website that is "educational" for children. Not true! This website is just an excuse to make money as the website is very glitchy and VERY poorly made!..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."