Chrysler - 300 C Hemi-2006 engine blows up

124 of 780 Chrysler reviews

My Chrysler 300 Hemi, 2006 engine blew without warning in August, 2015. The car had 112,000 miles on it. In July I took the car to a local dealer, Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep with the check engine light on. After 3 days in the shop, it was returned with, cannot find a problem. Three hours after I picked the car up the check engine light can back on. I notified the service writer with an image, and he never responded. The engine light went off the following day. A month later I had driven the car about 200 miles and stopped at the grocery store before returning home. When I came out (15 mins.) to start the car it would not start. I called AAA for assistance, had it towed to a local garage, after inspection I was informed that there was no water in the car. The engine had run HOT and no warning indicators had come on. I then had the car towed back to Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in Dallas. They informed me that the engine block was blown and I would need a long block, cost $8,900.

I asked why this didn't show up when it was in the shop in July, with check engine light on. They had no response. I filed a complaint through Chrysler customer service and asked for repair assistance. Chrysler offered no assistance on the repair since car is out of warranty.

I filed a BBB complaint against the dealership and found they had many complaints and a low BBB rating. I then contacted a lawyer for assistance. The lawyer issued a demand letter in Sept. to the dealership and they have yet to respond.

I am now trying to sale the car. I will never own/purchase another Chrysler product!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • I liked the cars and service until now
  • What I disliked
    • Service accountability

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
2006 Chrysler 300C
Review category
Auto
review #736423 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Chrysler? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
124 of 780 Chrysler reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Chrysler. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Chrysler.
Filing a new complaint about
×