My Chrysler 300 Hemi, 2006 engine blew without warning in August, 2015. The car had 112,000 miles on it. In July I took the car to a local dealer, Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep with the check engine light on. After 3 days in the shop, it was returned with, cannot find a problem. Three hours after I picked the car up the check engine light can back on. I notified the service writer with an image, and he never responded. The engine light went off the following day. A month later I had driven the car about 200 miles and stopped at the grocery store before returning home. When I came out (15 mins.) to start the car it would not start. I called AAA for assistance, had it towed to a local garage, after inspection I was informed that there was no water in the car. The engine had run HOT and no warning indicators had come on. I then had the car towed back to Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in Dallas. They informed me that the engine block was blown and I would need a long block, cost $8,900.
I asked why this didn't show up when it was in the shop in July, with check engine light on. They had no response. I filed a complaint through Chrysler customer service and asked for repair assistance. Chrysler offered no assistance on the repair since car is out of warranty.
I filed a BBB complaint against the dealership and found they had many complaints and a low BBB rating. I then contacted a lawyer for assistance. The lawyer issued a demand letter in Sept. to the dealership and they have yet to respond.
I am now trying to sale the car. I will never own/purchase another Chrysler product!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- I liked the cars and service until now
What I disliked
- Service accountability
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2006 Chrysler 300C
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "PARK 'N FLY Confirmation Number: P1958528My reservation was for: Cleveland - PARK 'N FLYAddress: 19000 Snow Road, Cleveland, OH 44142 Phone: (216) 267-3665Departure Date: Saturday, March 23, 2013 at..."
- "If you buy a Terrain which is a great vehicle, do not look for parts not available from GMC. This vehicle is in such high demand that when you need..."
- "I purchased a Jeep trailhawk on June 17th from Patterson Jeep in Kilgore, Texas. It was a dealer trade. This was the worst car buying experience I have ever had!..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "I had booked my travel from Mumbai to London via Abu Dhabi via Etihad Airways and have had the most horrible and horrid experience I have had in my lifetime..."
- "Jessica: Hi! How can I help you today? You: I see that their is a waived $20 upgrade fee if I order online, but when I go to checkout it shows..."
- "Hello to Harley Davidson people out there. Let me tell you about Demon's Cycle Pompano Beach. I did see complaints on he Harley Forum on these pigs . People on..."
- "I had seen so many glowing reviews of this product and decided I would take the risk and try it out. I was not looking to pay 350 dollars for..."