My Chrysler 300 Hemi, 2006 engine blew without warning in August, 2015. The car had 112,000 miles on it. In July I took the car to a local dealer, Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep with the check engine light on. After 3 days in the shop, it was returned with, cannot find a problem. Three hours after I picked the car up the check engine light can back on. I notified the service writer with an image, and he never responded. The engine light went off the following day. A month later I had driven the car about 200 miles and stopped at the grocery store before returning home. When I came out (15 mins.) to start the car it would not start. I called AAA for assistance, had it towed to a local garage, after inspection I was informed that there was no water in the car. The engine had run HOT and no warning indicators had come on. I then had the car towed back to Dallas Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep in Dallas. They informed me that the engine block was blown and I would need a long block, cost $8,900.
I asked why this didn't show up when it was in the shop in July, with check engine light on. They had no response. I filed a complaint through Chrysler customer service and asked for repair assistance. Chrysler offered no assistance on the repair since car is out of warranty.
I filed a BBB complaint against the dealership and found they had many complaints and a low BBB rating. I then contacted a lawyer for assistance. The lawyer issued a demand letter in Sept. to the dealership and they have yet to respond.
I am now trying to sale the car. I will never own/purchase another Chrysler product!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- I liked the cars and service until now
What I disliked
- Service accountability
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- 2006 Chrysler 300C
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I needed a nyc inspection sticker for my 2010 Chrysler T & C, expired 7/31/2016. Upon my visit 8/1/16, I was greeted on the street near the driveway entrance by..."
- "MY NAME IS MICHAEL LEISING AND 10 MONTHS AGO I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW CLASS A FOREST RIVER RV. FROM THE MOMENT WE TOOK POSESSION OF THIS RV IT HAS..."
- "Purchased a brand new 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Color is black, Grey primer is showing in 21 places. Current Milage is 30. Dealership and paint shops state vehicle..."
- "After jumping though hoops to get the job I was ready for my first paycheck. I knew my direct deposit wouldn't be on for another week so i called..."
- "beware that this individual is now doing business under these other names: opera fashion group inc opera fashion group llc opera by sueli costa llc gabikini bossa beach AMONG MANY OTHERS. this individual is a..."
- "Very sad to read some of the complains. Because we really do love Melaleuca product. My whole family use lots of Melaleuca product. Mainly Melaleuca oil - its a holy oil we use..."
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."
- "Their service sucks! Couple days ago I notice my page was in blank when I had many listings and I contact them by email and they said because they send..."