Brand new 2016 Chrysler 200 - Backorder/Discontinued Parts

6 of 790 Chrysler reviews

I bought a "brand new" 2016 Chrysler 200 on December 28, 2016.It was a demo car with 6086 miles at purchase.

One week later on January 4th, the wife was involved in a minor finder binder. It is now January 27th as of this writing because the car is in the shop for a "nationwide backorder" for this one part on the front end that is a must in order to put the car back together. We have had the insurance company and the body shop searching everywhere, including junk yards for this one part. Chrysler stopped production on the 200 in December, so the part is not available.

According to Chrysler, there are over 600 VEHICLES WORLD WIDE 2015-2017 Chrysler 200's waiting for this same part!!! The car was made with some cheap plastic/rubber that breaks extremely easily, causing the massive backorder. Chrysler is completely unwilling to assist with a loaner vehicle, and said there is no time frame ("could be months") for the part to be made, IF AT ALL!!!! We haven't even made the first car payment yet!

We purchased 2 other Chrysler vehicles and swore to continue to stay with Chrysler.

The first time we have an issue, Chrysler bales on the customer.We will NEVER purchase another Chrysler (or affiliated) vehicle again, and will be contacting a lawyer over this issue.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Previous experience
  • What I disliked
    • Dangerous design flaw
    • Lack of part availability
    • Unwilling to provide temporary solutions

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
$2000
Product or service
2016 Chrysler 200 Car
Review category
Auto
review #998688

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Chrysler? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
6 of 790 Chrysler reviews
gmtyson37

2 days ago #1289809 York, Pennsylvania, United States

I am currently in the same situation waiting on the same part, i did get a call from Chrysler informing me this part will start shipping out today 02-17-17, however that does not tell me where i am on that list or when i may receive my part. Have any of you heard about this finally becoming available and shipping out?

Feb 07 #1282732 Palm Coast, Florida, United States

Same problem and no satisfaction from Chrysler. No lawyer wants to take the case. BBB is looking into it, but they only send complaint to Chrysler and say to expect at least a 30 day wait for a response. Ha! Ha! Trying to get another dealer to take this Chrysler 200 in parts in a trade. Still working on that. Will never deal with Chrysler again. Customer service is NOT their mantra.

Eddie

Feb 06 #1282271 Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I'm having the same problem right now. The radiator support is a discontued part and I've had the car in he shop over a month with no rental. I'm selling the car whenever it gets out and never touching a Chrysler in my life. This is the stupidest and most aggravating car experience I've ever had. Was your issue ever resolved?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.