2.0
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I bought a "brand new" 2016 Chrysler 200 on December 28, 2016.It was a demo car with 6086 miles at purchase.

One week later on January 4th, the wife was involved in a minor finder binder. It is now January 27th as of this writing because the car is in the shop for a "nationwide backorder" for this one part on the front end that is a must in order to put the car back together. We have had the insurance company and the body shop searching everywhere, including junk yards for this one part. Chrysler stopped production on the 200 in December, so the part is not available.

According to Chrysler, there are over 600 VEHICLES WORLD WIDE 2015-2017 Chrysler 200's waiting for this same part!!! The car was made with some cheap plastic/rubber that breaks extremely easily, causing the massive backorder. Chrysler is completely unwilling to assist with a loaner vehicle, and said there is no time frame ("could be months") for the part to be made, IF AT ALL!!!! We haven't even made the first car payment yet!

We purchased 2 other Chrysler vehicles and swore to continue to stay with Chrysler.

The first time we have an issue, Chrysler bales on the customer.We will NEVER purchase another Chrysler (or affiliated) vehicle again, and will be contacting a lawyer over this issue.

Review about: 2016 Chrysler 200 Car.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Dangerous design flaw, Lack of part availability, Unwilling to provide temporary solutions.

Had an Experience with Chrysler?

Comments

Same thing happened to me and i called the shop today and they told me they finally received my part. It's been a long 3 months

Chrysler sucks!Know one is to blame but Chrysler.

I could use more harsh words to what I really think of them. I had the same problem. Just getting my new car out of the shop today. Been there for two months.

I have a extra part that the dealer got me if any one is interested in it let me know.

Hope you guys get a part soon.I sure know what it feels like and it sucks.

to 200S #1321113

Hi, do you still have the part?Had the same thing happen to me as everyone else is talking about here and insurance, garages, and dealerships are all telling me maybe by the end of the summer, hopefully, I can get my car back.

Maybe.This is utterly ridiculous!

gmtyson37
York, Pennsylvania, United States #1289809

I am currently in the same situation waiting on the same part, i did get a call from Chrysler informing me this part will start shipping out today 02-17-17, however that does not tell me where i am on that list or when i may receive my part. Have any of you heard about this finally becoming available and shipping out?

Palm Coast, Florida, United States #1282732

Same problem and no satisfaction from Chrysler.No lawyer wants to take the case.

BBB is looking into it, but they only send complaint to Chrysler and say to expect at least a 30 day wait for a response. Ha! Ha! Trying to get another dealer to take this Chrysler 200 in parts in a trade.

Still working on that.

Will never deal with Chrysler again.Customer service is NOT their mantra.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States #1282271

I'm having the same problem right now.The radiator support is a discontued part and I've had the car in he shop over a month with no rental.

I'm selling the car whenever it gets out and never touching a Chrysler in my life.

This is the stupidest and most aggravating car experience I've ever had.Was your issue ever resolved?