I have 2008 dodge 3500 diesel. Truck shakes when travelling @ highway speeds (just put on new tires). Also at slow speeds when I hit little bumps, dips, etc... I can feel a tap or knock in the foot pedals and the steering wheel. Dealership can't seem to figure out what is wrong.

They changed out the steering box twice but it made no difference.

I am sure it is something in the front end but I can't seem to pin point it.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know you probally have thought of this and may have even tried this but take it back to the tire dealer and have the balance checked again.(that is if this is a new problem) Ask them if you can watch them while balancing them. Watch the rim and make sure it is not hopping. If it is hopping it may not be the rim it may be the way it is mounted to the balancer, have them loosen it and retighten it until the rim quits hopping. If the rim is running true watch the tire if it is hopping have them rotate the tire to rim 180. Sometimes this works and if it still hops demand a new tire. If all this checks out start looking at front end parts. Just my 2 cents.

i have the same problem and i have a 2500. and every time my tires get low or below the tire pressure recomended it will shake me off the road. every time it starts to shake add more air to the tires. I dident believe it untill a guy showed me. but its still a quick fix.

when i bought my truck from the dealer i never noticed but it only had 6 ply tires on it and when i would hit a little bump or anything it would start to shake . had the tires changed to 10 ply tires and problem fixed never did do it again.

My truck has almost killed me, it shook me almost underneath a semi on the highway, the dealer could not find no problem but i think somewhere there has to be a recall on these trucks because if my wife was driving i would probably be a widower

My husband just purchased a diesel 2011 3500 crew cab dually a month ago. It has 25,000 miles on it and more than ten times now he has hit a bridge juncture on the highway and literally had his rear tires alternately come off the ground as it warped up and down like a teeter totter from left to right, and nearly rolling over at 75-80 mph. It will not stop until he manages to get his speed down to around 10 mph. Dealership is NO help at all. In my research there are so many variables to each situation, one has no idea which to try first!!! I'm for trading the POS in and let someone else deal with it. I live in fear of that phone call that says my husband is dead because of this.... This Dodge SUCKS!!!!

My 07 3500 has a 4" lift three dealers can't find the problem they say it's the lift and send me out the door it'so bad it will scare the *** right out or you, won't let anyone drive it .It also has the clunking problem and feeling in the break peadle. My friend also has a 07 2500 with the same problems with no lift we are bringing them both to the same dealer at the same time i wanna see what line of *** they hand me!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR A FIFTY GRAND . JUST A LITTLE PISSED I GOT A DODGE CAN'T SELL IT NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL BUY THE PICE OF ***!!!!!!

I have replaced everything in my frt end and when i hit a bump in the road my truck shakes so bad it almost throws you out the window, have to come to a stop or near stop before shaking stops, they call it the Dodge Death Wobble! Buy a chevy or ford ! Chrysler never stands behind their products until it kills a dozen or so familys, yet the Government gives them bail out money to save their sorry ***! It's a shame Cummings puts their motor in a piece of *** truck and I'm on my 3rd transmission ,

I have a ram 3500 diesel and I am beside my self on finding out what causes this *** of DEATH WOOBLE, I am ready to put a sign on my truck saying something like if you want to kill your self by a Dodge and the DEATH WOOBLE will take care of it. I have replaced the tires at $1400.00, I've replaced the steering linkage a $650.00, I've replaced the track bar bushings, I bought a bracket to mount to the steering box that ties into both rails, I've replaced the u-joints on the front end I've bought a new heavy duty steering stabilizer shock absorber. Do ford F-450's have this problem if not maybe we all better buy fords so we can drive down the road safely.

Shaking occurs when a portion of the vehicle has a mechanical resonance frequency which receives energy from another connected source. This could be a multiple of the shake frequency, not just the identical wave frequency.

e.g. The front end resonant frequency might be a multiple of the Tire rotation frequency or the engine / drive frequency. The only solution is to change the shaking section (Usually the front-end suspension) frequency. This may involve significant modifications.

Have worked on 4 trucks w/this problem,found a bulletin from dodge about ckecking tie rod play(1/64th?).Haved replaced balls on all of them , put shocks,stabilizer shock,And checked the steering linkage for any other problem, None found! All the trucks have had reaccuring problems. One was shaking so villantly, the tie rod sleeve bent. an indecation that the tires are coming off the ground! I own a 2006 ram2500 4x4 Deisel,has not done it yet. I also have a2005 3500 Dually w/143000 miles,in the shop for maintenace(Putting shocks on).The front end worn out Needs balls /tie rod ends/stabilizer shock. But No complant about shacking.?????? I hate to say this, but I think I'm going shopping!

Comments

I have had this same exact trouble in several ram truck from 1998 to a 2007. Change your front stabilizer shock on your front stearing likage. about $200 you should be good to go!