Summerville, South Carolina

Last Thursday, my 2005 Dodge Ram locked down while driving a block from my house.It dropped the driveshaft and rear wheels locked.

I found that there was a recall, P77. This recal says he the pinion gear retention nut comes off without warning. This will shift the pinion gear into the ring gear locking up the rear end. I verified this as the problem.

The nut is still in the pinion flange attached to the downed driveshaft. Took pics of this and pinion shaft threads. Talked to your customer service. All was good.

Called your roadside service folks today to find out I had to pay for the toe. Bull@$it! My truck is in my driveway, driveshaft on the ground and rear ended locked. No move at all!!

I have already used one of my AAA towes to get it home. I only get three a year.

''This is your screw up.Tow my friggin truck to the dealership for repair!

Review about: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500.

I liked: Car before all recalls.

I didn't like: Customer service stupidity.

Review #941987 is a subjective opinion of a user.

2.3
Turnaround Time
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Pricing issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Chrysler?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion