Manzanita, Oregon
3.8K views

Purchased Chrysler Pacifica in 2007 because of lifetime warranty on drive train. Even spent $1800 on an extended warranty (something we never usually do) because we planned to keep the car a long time (great driving, good for wife).

In 2011, had to replace motor mounts (not a big deal and interestingly nt covered under either warranty). No other problems until a week ago when the transmission died a horrible death. Chrysler will not honor warranty because the car was not inspected in 2012.

Called original dealer and they say inspection was not a stipulation in 2007 when car was purchased. Chrysler should have contacted us, which they never did.

Review about: Chrysler Car.

Comments

running into same problem with my 2007 ram. Chrysler said the see where I was in for an oil change but I didn't ask for a 10 year check up.

So sorry about your luck. I have purchased 4 more vehicles since then probably my last if the don't make it right.

I just had the same thing happen to me. Told me i never had the 5 year inspection.

Camshaft is bent and the dealer wants $3,000 to do a "tear down diagnostic". This is some shady *&$%.

My vehicle has only been serviced by Dodge dealers since 2009 when we bought the truck and has been to the dealer at least once a year since purchased. Never once did they indicate that an inspection was required.

This just happened to me today August 16, 2018. I have a 2008 Jeep Liberty and was just told that my 5 year inspection was due in May.

No notification. They send me postcards and emails about oil changes and such but not this!

This is clearly intentional so they don't have to honor it. Even when my roof was leaking (still leaks) they denied service on it .

I was just told my lifetime powertrain warranty is void. I bought a 2008 Wrangler Sahara and received it in late 2007 (factory order).

After the first 5 years, I got a card from Chrysler as a reminder of the no-cost inspection which I did and it was found I had a seeping water pump, so it was replaced, no issue. I come to find out from my dealer that Chrysler stopped sending out the reminders and has suspended my warranty ..

to ToddM #1455115

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, IT JUST HAPPENED TO ME, I HAVE 2008 DODGE RAM, NEVER GOT THE TO GET INSPECTION NOTICE, BUT I HAD IT IN THE DEALERSHIP FOR REPAIRS DURING THE TIME FRAME THEINSPECTION WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PERFORMED. THE DEALERSHIP FAILED TO PERFORMED THE INSPECTION EVEN WHEN THE VEHICLE WAS IN THE SHOP, I THINK ON PURPOSE, I NEEDED AWATER PUMP ON MARCH 25TH, THE CHECKED AND SAID MY LIFETIME WARRANTY WAS SUSPENDED DUE TO INSPECTION PERFORMED

We have a 2008 Dodge Ram with "lifetime powertrain warranty". Our truck was inspected in March 2013.

We were told that even though the powertrain was inspected at the time, they would not honor our warranty for 2 reasons. #1 - We should have had the inspection in June 2013 instead of March. #2 - We didn't have the powertrain inspection form filled out. Really?!

We've bought dodge products for over 25 years. This isn't the first time the screwed us, but it will be the last!

Comment file a better business complaint and federal trade commission complaint . I'm going to get a consumer protection lawyer contact me at basibor@ comcast.net

Same excuses from Chrysler. Deceptive, 2007 nitro continuous problems 3 freeon leaks.

Wining noises from engine. Replaced engine. Went in shop for throttle body warning light . Now engine gone again .

Never informed about inspection till recently when repairs were rejected by Chrysler. File deceptive trade commission complaint seeking consumer protection attorney . File better business bureau complaint .

Don't let this go on. It's wrong

I will try to find a consumer protection lawyer if you want to join suit I will post info soon. File a complaint with Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission as soon as possible . This is unacceptable.

to Barbara #1488545

Have you contacted a lawyer yet?

to Interested consumer #1541239

Same story here! Has anyone contacted the BBB? And what is the status of those who planned to contact an attorney?

Yes , There should be a class action suit for deceptive trade practices . Same problem.

Not in warranty or did Chrysler send any notices. The excuse is to blam the dealers. The dealer sells the warranty.

Chrysler enforces the warranty but does not take responsibility to list this inspection in the warranty contract . This is illegal.

to Barbara #1540988

Re: the dealers supposedly having to remind us... Chrysler closed my dealer in 2009. Remember that?

to Barbara #1541002

Barbara: How can I get in touch with the class action suit attorneys??

Bought a new 2008 Jeep Commander with lifetime powertrain warranty, but was denied warranty coverage after getting the powertrain inspection done (at my own expense, instead of the free inspection) 30 days after the five year anniversary of the purchase date. Fortunately, had also purchased Maximum Wrap Lifetime Warranty at time of purchase, but that warranty is also denying coverage of repairs actually spelled out in the warranty contract. I'm consulting an attorney today, even if the legal complaint falls into small claims court!

to Mad Jeep Owner #1443840

We are having the same problems I was just told today we are losing our power train warranty because there are to many seals leaking The van doesn't have any leaks We have the wrap also

to William Simms #1444510

Contact me at basibor@ Comcast .netWe will try to resolve . File betterbusiness complaint and a federal trade complaint asap

to Bgail #1457260

Hi i just had my Chrysler Mini Van towed to the dealership i purchsed it in 2008 brand new with lifetime and bec yest. a spark plug came out and the engine started to make noise so i had towed to the dealer and now they say i have to 4000.00 bec someone worked on the engine and no one has ever worked on the engine a lie this the first and i alwya bring to the dealerfship...help

to Bgail #1540995

I only found out the warranty "expired" on my 2007 Dakota when I mentioned I had it to the service manager and he said it showed the powertrain had expired. Then he asked if I ever had those special inspections done.

I haven't.

I've had all of the scheduled maintenance, except for oil changes, done at a dealer (not the one I bought it at as Chrysler and the govt closed it down in 2009) and no one ever mentioned the 5 year inspections. I haven't needed it yet but planned on using it eventually.

to Mad Jeep Owner #1554419

Have you had any developments on an attorney?