Manzanita, Oregon
3.2K views

Purchased Chrysler Pacifica in 2007 because of lifetime warranty on drive train. Even spent $1800 on an extended warranty (something we never usually do) because we planned to keep the car a long time (great driving, good for wife).

In 2011, had to replace motor mounts (not a big deal and interestingly nt covered under either warranty). No other problems until a week ago when the transmission died a horrible death. Chrysler will not honor warranty because the car was not inspected in 2012.

Called original dealer and they say inspection was not a stipulation in 2007 when car was purchased. Chrysler should have contacted us, which they never did.

Review about: Chrysler Car.

Comments

I was just told my lifetime powertrain warranty is void. I bought a 2008 Wrangler Sahara and received it in late 2007 (factory order).

After the first 5 years, I got a card from Chrysler as a reminder of the no-cost inspection which I did and it was found I had a seeping water pump, so it was replaced, no issue. I come to find out from my dealer that Chrysler stopped sending out the reminders and has suspended my warranty ..

to ToddM #1455115

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, IT JUST HAPPENED TO ME, I HAVE 2008 DODGE RAM, NEVER GOT THE TO GET INSPECTION NOTICE, BUT I HAD IT IN THE DEALERSHIP FOR REPAIRS DURING THE TIME FRAME THEINSPECTION WAS SUPPOSED TO BE PERFORMED. THE DEALERSHIP FAILED TO PERFORMED THE INSPECTION EVEN WHEN THE VEHICLE WAS IN THE SHOP, I THINK ON PURPOSE, I NEEDED AWATER PUMP ON MARCH 25TH, THE CHECKED AND SAID MY LIFETIME WARRANTY WAS SUSPENDED DUE TO INSPECTION PERFORMED

We have a 2008 Dodge Ram with "lifetime powertrain warranty". Our truck was inspected in March 2013.

We were told that even though the powertrain was inspected at the time, they would not honor our warranty for 2 reasons. #1 - We should have had the inspection in June 2013 instead of March. #2 - We didn't have the powertrain inspection form filled out. Really?!

We've bought dodge products for over 25 years. This isn't the first time the screwed us, but it will be the last!

Comment file a better business complaint and federal trade commission complaint . I'm going to get a consumer protection lawyer contact me at basibor@ comcast.net

Same excuses from Chrysler. Deceptive, 2007 nitro continuous problems 3 freeon leaks.

Wining noises from engine. Replaced engine. Went in shop for throttle body warning light . Now engine gone again .

Never informed about inspection till recently when repairs were rejected by Chrysler. File deceptive trade commission complaint seeking consumer protection attorney . File better business bureau complaint .

Don't let this go on. It's wrong

I will try to find a consumer protection lawyer if you want to join suit I will post info soon. File a complaint with Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission as soon as possible . This is unacceptable.

to Barbara #1488545

Have you contacted a lawyer yet?

Yes , There should be a class action suit for deceptive trade practices . Same problem.

Not in warranty or did Chrysler send any notices. The excuse is to blam the dealers. The dealer sells the warranty.

Chrysler enforces the warranty but does not take responsibility to list this inspection in the warranty contract . This is illegal.

Bought a new 2008 Jeep Commander with lifetime powertrain warranty, but was denied warranty coverage after getting the powertrain inspection done (at my own expense, instead of the free inspection) 30 days after the five year anniversary of the purchase date. Fortunately, had also purchased Maximum Wrap Lifetime Warranty at time of purchase, but that warranty is also denying coverage of repairs actually spelled out in the warranty contract. I'm consulting an attorney today, even if the legal complaint falls into small claims court!

to Mad Jeep Owner #1443840

We are having the same problems I was just told today we are losing our power train warranty because there are to many seals leaking The van doesn't have any leaks We have the wrap also

to William Simms #1444510

Contact me at basibor@ Comcast .netWe will try to resolve . File betterbusiness complaint and a federal trade complaint asap

to Bgail #1457260

Hi i just had my Chrysler Mini Van towed to the dealership i purchsed it in 2008 brand new with lifetime and bec yest. a spark plug came out and the engine started to make noise so i had towed to the dealer and now they say i have to 4000.00 bec someone worked on the engine and no one has ever worked on the engine a lie this the first and i alwya bring to the dealerfship...help

Evansville, Indiana, United States #1239032

I bought a 2007 Durango new it came with lifetime warranty . Just a few weeks ago the service manager told me I have an inspection coming up the first quarter of 2017.

I suppose this will be the end of my Lifetime warranty .

They will find a reason to cansel it, even though they have done almost all the regular maintenance .I have even told them do all required work . Has anybody ran into this also and had warranty cut off?

to Anonymous #1444511

basibor@comcast.net . File a better business complaint and the federal trade commission complaint . Trying to get a consumer protection lawyer.

to Anonymous #1516826

same here. how did you handle it?

Savvy discussion ! BTW , if anyone requires a Ameriprise 402540 , my husband filled out and faxed a template version here https://goo.gl/HYE0pF

#1220935

Same issue with me and my 2008 Magnum. Special ordered from Chrysler in October 2007 and have no mention of a powertrain inspection every 5 years from purchase..

No updates mailed or identified when car was in shop for other services i.e oil changes don't count.. So deceptive when I was told by sales person this deal is better than any other warranty u buy because if you are the original owner of the vehicle it would and will be covered.. Then why would they run the factory warranty with a new car and a lifetime warranty at the same time? That's whats even more deceptive..

I love my Dodge but this company is fraudulent in so many ways... Cant wait to find a lawsuit I can join for there practices...

to Anonymous #1444512

File a better business complaint and a complaint to federal trade commission asap . Trying to get a consumer protection lawyer . My email is basibor@comcast.net

Sumter, South Carolina, United States #1190736

Bought a 2007 Chrysler Aspen new and have the same problem. Nothing in our manuals or warranty booklet makes mention of this phantom 5 year powertrain inspection and we were never contacted.

The kicker is we had the car in for a 27 point inspection in early Oct. 2012 less then a month after the 5 year purchase date and no one mentioned this powertrain inspection at the dealership. They had the truck on the lift why wouldn't they do this inspection or mention it to us if it was needed. I brought all my manuals that came with the truck and the service contract to the dealership where I purchased the truck.

The service manager couldn't find anything that mentions this 5 year powertrain inspection. What a deceptive company. Does anyone know if their are any class action law suits on this issue? This is clearly defrauding the public .

The only way we found out that we weren't covered was this constant drainage issue that shorts out our electric on the truck.

They suddenly decided they weren't going to cover that issue any longer then we questioned them about the powertrain warranty and found out that we weren't covered since 2012.

Waldorf, Maryland, United States #1178847

Same problem here...was never told about the inspection! Now i'm passed the 5 years and they won't honor the powertrain warranty anymore!

PISSED!!! Anything we as consumers can do?

I asked if they sent a reminder and was told they don't send reminders for the inspection...SERIOUSLY!!!