I paid 12 K for a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 2 years ago it had 95 K miles, came with a cap, tonneau cover, and rebuilt tranny.Since then just driving it when necessary 5 K miles later the valve guides dropped which caused it to leak anti freeze.

So my mechanic told me this was something Dodge is known for, they don't seat the valve guides correctly in the first place. Both heads had to be taken off, the guides seated correctly, valve jobs, new plugs, milling the heads, new water pump, oil pump and timing chain to the tune of 2,700 dollars. Now I am experiencing glichy turn signals that don't work half the time, a lamp on light and a dinging noise all my lights work. This is going in and I won't know how much it will cost.

It just came back from a power steering leak problem, costing me 522 bucks for a new rack and pinion and left and right tie rod. My mechanic said soon I will need Ball joints. God help me, I need a oil well in my back yard to pay for this. I can't sell it and even come close to get back anything it's starting to rust.

Dodge you should be ashamed. I'm going back to Toyota. I had a Tacoma with 198 K miles and it never cost me a cent in maintenance.

Only needed new brushes in the starter cost 4 bucks.Thanks I needed to say this.

Review about: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup Truck.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Pricing for repeated repairs.

Had an Experience with Chrysler?

Comments