I passed down my 2003 Jeep Wrangler to my son as his first vehicle.He wanted a Rubicon so he sold the Wrangler and used the money as a down payment on a used Rubicon - from a dealership.
He made only 2 payments on it. He is a college student and he finished his classes at noon and he came home and parked the Jeep next to our garage. 4 hours later one of our neighbors knocked on the door and said " excuse me, I think your Jeep may be on fire". The neighbor noticed the lights flashing and they could smell smoke like an electrical fire.
My husband, son, and neighbor armed themselves with fire extinguishers and when they opened the doors the fire flashed out. We were so lucky he was not driving it when it caught fire or no one was burnt putting out the fire. After a little research I found out this is a problem. People have lost their homes due to fires, people have been driving them when they catch fire.
The fire originated from the center of the dash. The vehicle had the original dash, stereo, computer- there had been no modifications done to it.
My husband and I have owned many cars and we still have quite a few. NEVER have we had to worry about spontaneous combustion. Do you think we would park vehicles in our garage if we did?
We have a 1919 Ford Model T, a 1969 Camaro, 1970 Cadillac- so far they haven't just burst into flames.
Be sure to do your homework and do a little research online before you buy any vehicle for sure.I know I will never buy another Chysler product.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defective product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Jeep Rubicon
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›