I passed down my 2003 Jeep Wrangler to my son as his first vehicle.He wanted a Rubicon so he sold the Wrangler and used the money as a down payment on a used Rubicon - from a dealership.
He made only 2 payments on it. He is a college student and he finished his classes at noon and he came home and parked the Jeep next to our garage. 4 hours later one of our neighbors knocked on the door and said " excuse me, I think your Jeep may be on fire". The neighbor noticed the lights flashing and they could smell smoke like an electrical fire.
My husband, son, and neighbor armed themselves with fire extinguishers and when they opened the doors the fire flashed out. We were so lucky he was not driving it when it caught fire or no one was burnt putting out the fire. After a little research I found out this is a problem. People have lost their homes due to fires, people have been driving them when they catch fire.
The fire originated from the center of the dash. The vehicle had the original dash, stereo, computer- there had been no modifications done to it.
My husband and I have owned many cars and we still have quite a few. NEVER have we had to worry about spontaneous combustion. Do you think we would park vehicles in our garage if we did?
We have a 1919 Ford Model T, a 1969 Camaro, 1970 Cadillac- so far they haven't just burst into flames.
Be sure to do your homework and do a little research online before you buy any vehicle for sure.I know I will never buy another Chysler product.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defective product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Jeep Rubicon
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We have had RV for 141 days. Dealer has had it in service 38 of those days and it is still in the shop. Closed vent blew off..."
- "We bought a2008 Raptor toy hauler in 2011 which had been out of storage on several occasions for on a week @a time---The unit looked BRAND NEW---BEAUTIFUL. Found slight..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "Sent them back in October, still did not get replacement. Dresslily gave me the run around and your company kept my money. One was pink the other was orange...."
- "I ordered on 3 September 2015 with Dresslily and they apparently used a company called DavisMicro, did not recieved returned items I sent back or my money back. On..."
- "Took 3days and a professional local plumber to finish the job. Randell Mathis did not hold his crew to a high standard. Wichita Falls, Texas has more dependable bath remodelers..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."