I passed down my 2003 Jeep Wrangler to my son as his first vehicle.He wanted a Rubicon so he sold the Wrangler and used the money as a down payment on a used Rubicon - from a dealership.
He made only 2 payments on it. He is a college student and he finished his classes at noon and he came home and parked the Jeep next to our garage. 4 hours later one of our neighbors knocked on the door and said " excuse me, I think your Jeep may be on fire". The neighbor noticed the lights flashing and they could smell smoke like an electrical fire.
My husband, son, and neighbor armed themselves with fire extinguishers and when they opened the doors the fire flashed out. We were so lucky he was not driving it when it caught fire or no one was burnt putting out the fire. After a little research I found out this is a problem. People have lost their homes due to fires, people have been driving them when they catch fire.
The fire originated from the center of the dash. The vehicle had the original dash, stereo, computer- there had been no modifications done to it.
My husband and I have owned many cars and we still have quite a few. NEVER have we had to worry about spontaneous combustion. Do you think we would park vehicles in our garage if we did?
We have a 1919 Ford Model T, a 1969 Camaro, 1970 Cadillac- so far they haven't just burst into flames.
Be sure to do your homework and do a little research online before you buy any vehicle for sure.I know I will never buy another Chysler product.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Defective product
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Jeep Rubicon
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Before driving off car lot engine light came on. I immediately went back into the establishment and asked them for another car. They promised me that I was covered and..."
- " I almost died! 11-15-2015 My 2015 open range light bunkhouse had an electrical fire. The motor to the electric jack was on fire catching the plastic propane tank..."
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "I went in for a color and cut. The color doesn't even cover my roots. This was done 2 days ago and looks like I need it again. My hair..."
- "Sent them back in October, still did not get replacement. Dresslily gave me the run around and your company kept my money. One was pink the other was orange...."
- "I ordered a Birthday bouquet and upgraded it to a premium. Even paid extra to get it there before noon, 3 days later. This is what I got $84. This..."