Chrysler - Jeep Rubicon spontaneously combusting.

258 of 780 Chrysler reviews

I passed down my 2003 Jeep Wrangler to my son as his first vehicle.He wanted a Rubicon so he sold the Wrangler and used the money as a down payment on a used Rubicon - from a dealership.

He made only 2 payments on it. He is a college student and he finished his classes at noon and he came home and parked the Jeep next to our garage. 4 hours later one of our neighbors knocked on the door and said " excuse me, I think your Jeep may be on fire". The neighbor noticed the lights flashing and they could smell smoke like an electrical fire.

My husband, son, and neighbor armed themselves with fire extinguishers and when they opened the doors the fire flashed out. We were so lucky he was not driving it when it caught fire or no one was burnt putting out the fire. After a little research I found out this is a problem. People have lost their homes due to fires, people have been driving them when they catch fire.

The fire originated from the center of the dash. The vehicle had the original dash, stereo, computer- there had been no modifications done to it.

My husband and I have owned many cars and we still have quite a few. NEVER have we had to worry about spontaneous combustion. Do you think we would park vehicles in our garage if we did?

We have a 1919 Ford Model T, a 1969 Camaro, 1970 Cadillac- so far they haven't just burst into flames.

Be sure to do your homework and do a little research online before you buy any vehicle for sure.I know I will never buy another Chysler product.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Defective product

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
$19000
Product or service
Jeep Rubicon
Review category
Dealers
review #626683

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Chrysler? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
258 of 780 Chrysler reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Chrysler. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Chrysler.
Filing a new complaint about
×