My 2014 Dodge Journey Limited dashboard lights and radio would stay on after shutting down the engine. The first representative told me to disconnect and reconnect the battery terminal.

I do not have the tools to do this and the longer my l radio and dash lights are on creates the very real risk of running the battery down. The 2nd representative I spoke with was nice she tried to get the issue resolved and connected me with roadside. She thought maybe road side could come out and disconnect then reconnect the terminal Then I would be able to go drive to the dealer in the morning after the vehicle has been reset. The 3rd person I spoke with was from Chrysler's roadside service.

She was rude and basically told me to either drop my car off at the dealership; it was 10:45pm none would be open & I just have the one car. So how was I to get back from doping my car off? Then she said my other option was to let the battery die over night & call roadside in the morning to jump it, then take it to the dealer ship. She said roadside help are not mechanics.

I told her I understood that. I did not expect them to fix the car only to reset the battery so the lights would shut off over night. I paid WAY TOO Much money for roadside side service for them not to be able to solve a simple issue until I could get to the dealership in the morning.

Illogical and rude is how I describe my experience this evening with roadside service... I understand that they are not mechanics, but something as simple as this should of been taken care of with no problem...

Comments