Bronx, New York

I needed a nyc inspection sticker for my 2010 Chrysler T & C, expired 7/31/2016. Upon my visit 8/1/16, I was greeted on the street near the driveway entrance by a pleasant young lady. I informed her of my need of an inspection sticker, and that I was also there to inquire about the FOB key recall related to my vehicle, as per the notice I had received in the mail.

She asked me to step out of the vehicle and she plugged a reading device into the computer access harness. She confirmed the recall and asked me to pull in the driveway when signaled. When the time came, I exited my vehicle and headed for the waiting room. About an hour later I was given some papers to sign authorizing some work and I DECLINED when I saw the before tax and hidden fee/charges total of $3452.00...YIKES!

This outrageous estimate had NOTHING, absolutely nothing mentioning the FOB RECALL or the INSPECTION...HA!

Sure, my check engine light had been burning steady for about a week.

The check engine light was due to a clogged EGR valve, (Advanced Auto Parts, $95.95+tax, in stock!), I installed in 30 mins,

compared to their $575...whew!

and I had already ordered a replacement driver's side mirror, 7/21/2016, (Advanced Auto Parts, $133.91 total), compared to their $350...ouch!

Rear window wiper blade, $9.95 in stock, need I say more?

YES! Their "Additional Needed Sales" estimate also stated 3 oil leaks; power steering lines, transmission lines, and a lower intake gasket costing $805, $680, and $835 respectively.

When I returned to the garage, I sat in my car running with a stopwatch for 15 minutes, backed the car out and away from that parking spot and observed only a small condensate puddle had accumulated on the ground.

WHAT LIARS!

Well, I should say thank you for telling me what ELSE my car needed for inspection...

So, don't WASTE your time here, as you will WASTE your hard earned $$$.

They charged me $214.48 for "diagnostics".

BE FOREWARNED.

PS I do have photos and receipts to back up this claim.

Review about: Chrysler Corporation Service Department.

I didn't like: Deceit, Untrustworthy, Scam, Failure to address point of service request.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Chrysler Car Diagnostics
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Unfair Business Practice / $214
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Chrysler?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion