I needed a nyc inspection sticker for my 2010 Chrysler T & C, expired 7/31/2016. Upon my visit 8/1/16, I was greeted on the street near the driveway entrance by a pleasant young lady. I informed her of my need of an inspection sticker, and that I was also there to inquire about the FOB key recall related to my vehicle, as per the notice I had received in the mail.
She asked me to step out of the vehicle and she plugged a reading device into the computer access harness. She confirmed the recall and asked me to pull in the driveway when signaled. When the time came, I exited my vehicle and headed for the waiting room. About an hour later I was given some papers to sign authorizing some work and I DECLINED when I saw the before tax and hidden fee/charges total of $3452.00...YIKES!
This outrageous estimate had NOTHING, absolutely nothing mentioning the FOB RECALL or the INSPECTION...HA!
Sure, my check engine light had been burning steady for about a week.
The check engine light was due to a clogged EGR valve, (Advanced Auto Parts, $95.95+tax, in stock!), I installed in 30 mins,
compared to their $575...whew!
and I had already ordered a replacement driver's side mirror, 7/21/2016, (Advanced Auto Parts, $133.91 total), compared to their $350...ouch!
Rear window wiper blade, $9.95 in stock, need I say more?
YES! Their "Additional Needed Sales" estimate also stated 3 oil leaks; power steering lines, transmission lines, and a lower intake gasket costing $805, $680, and $835 respectively.
When I returned to the garage, I sat in my car running with a stopwatch for 15 minutes, backed the car out and away from that parking spot and observed only a small condensate puddle had accumulated on the ground.
Well, I should say thank you for telling me what ELSE my car needed for inspection...
So, don't WASTE your time here, as you will WASTE your hard earned $$$.
They charged me $214.48 for "diagnostics".
PS I do have photos and receipts to back up this claim.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Failure to address point of service request
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee on October 2013. The Jeep had one previous owner and only had 12,000 miles. Shortly after having my Jeep, I received 3 recalls...."
- "When I bought my Fiat 500L last July and picked it up. It was not detailed. There were two small parts to be replaced and the car was not filled..."
- "First off, I am calling B.S. on many of these reviews that all seem to have been written by the same, uneducated, illiterate troll with an obvious agenda. The..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "Mark gilmartin Hole in One International Odds on Promotions is just full of _________ I recently got a flyer from him saying how he has paid out $50 million..."
- "Hole in One International and the SAME People different names Hole in One USA Odds on Promotions have over 70 BBB complaints 20 Local Poor Reviews 25 Rip Off reports..."
- "Hey I was order it last 2 month ago n u guys still didn't send that product .. if u guys can't give my product thn please give back my..."