I purchased a Jeep trailhawk on June 17th from Patterson Jeep in Kilgore, Texas.
It was a dealer trade. This was the worst car buying experience I have ever had! Here is a list of the awful events that took place in chronological order:
1.) The internet sales person never once sat in the car with me to explain one single feature about the car.
2.) The car had a bad paint drip on the corner of the door and the sales person promised to contact me the next day to schedule an appt to repair it. She never called.
3.) After two days of driving the vehicle I heard a weird noise underneath which turned out to just be the A/C dripping, however; when I looked underneath I discovered a very rusty pitted exhaust pipe, rusty CV joints, and much of the underside was covered in mud! See the pics.
4.) I immediately called my sales person and texted her pics of the mess. She was extremely apologetic and told me she would do whatever it took to make this right and Blah! Blah! Blah!
5.) Her sales supervisor called me at 10 the next morning and asked me to bring the car in to put it up on the lift so he could get a better look. When I questioned him about where the car had been transferred from he got offended and asked me if I was calling him a liar. I said NO. I am just asking a question. He was very defensive and when I told him I was not going to accept this particular car, he said, "Fine. Come get your trade in car back. But you could have given us a chance to make this right." I said, " I never said I wasnt going to give you the chance. I just said I wasnt taking this car."
6.) When I walked in the dealership that evening to allow them to "make this right," I was greeted by the sales person that sold me the vehicle with my trade in car keys in her hand. They were not even going to try and fix this situation. I was shocked. I told her. "No. I want you to make this right." Needles to say, they lifted it up and inspected it. After the inspection they offered to wash the car and repair the rusted parts.
7.) I refused the vehicle because I was not confident in where or how this car had been driven. I wanted a different one but I was not given that option.
8.) 2 weeks later I drove by that dealership and the trailhawk that I refused was sitting in the front row of the lot. I was curious and I stopped and looked underneath and low and behold all the rusted parts were still there and it was still filthy and muddy underneath!
What a shame because I really loved that car but I will not be buying a Chrysler product ever and I will never deal with Patterson dealerships again either. Horrible, Horrible, customer service.!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Well, when many people told me not to buy a Volkswagen, I simply ignored them and thought, "they are a ford/Chevy die hard fan, what do they know?" Turns out,..."
- "It's a shame that Keystone claims a quality product and produces an inferior one. A big complaint (of many) I have are the tires they put on the so-called Luxury..."
- " I was sold a Jeep Wrangler 2016 that was in an accident by Ralph Rodriguez and Jason Martino. They stole my money and lied to me. Sold me a car..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "I been smoking your brand for years and I'm seriously thinking about changing brands due to the poor quality I am now getting. Your cigarettes are now much less packed..."