I purchased a Jeep trailhawk on June 17th from Patterson Jeep in Kilgore, Texas.
It was a dealer trade. This was the worst car buying experience I have ever had! Here is a list of the awful events that took place in chronological order:
1.) The internet sales person never once sat in the car with me to explain one single feature about the car.
2.) The car had a bad paint drip on the corner of the door and the sales person promised to contact me the next day to schedule an appt to repair it. She never called.
3.) After two days of driving the vehicle I heard a weird noise underneath which turned out to just be the A/C dripping, however; when I looked underneath I discovered a very rusty pitted exhaust pipe, rusty CV joints, and much of the underside was covered in mud! See the pics.
4.) I immediately called my sales person and texted her pics of the mess. She was extremely apologetic and told me she would do whatever it took to make this right and Blah! Blah! Blah!
5.) Her sales supervisor called me at 10 the next morning and asked me to bring the car in to put it up on the lift so he could get a better look. When I questioned him about where the car had been transferred from he got offended and asked me if I was calling him a liar. I said NO. I am just asking a question. He was very defensive and when I told him I was not going to accept this particular car, he said, "Fine. Come get your trade in car back. But you could have given us a chance to make this right." I said, " I never said I wasnt going to give you the chance. I just said I wasnt taking this car."
6.) When I walked in the dealership that evening to allow them to "make this right," I was greeted by the sales person that sold me the vehicle with my trade in car keys in her hand. They were not even going to try and fix this situation. I was shocked. I told her. "No. I want you to make this right." Needles to say, they lifted it up and inspected it. After the inspection they offered to wash the car and repair the rusted parts.
7.) I refused the vehicle because I was not confident in where or how this car had been driven. I wanted a different one but I was not given that option.
8.) 2 weeks later I drove by that dealership and the trailhawk that I refused was sitting in the front row of the lot. I was curious and I stopped and looked underneath and low and behold all the rusted parts were still there and it was still filthy and muddy underneath!
What a shame because I really loved that car but I will not be buying a Chrysler product ever and I will never deal with Patterson dealerships again either. Horrible, Horrible, customer service.!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is just one example of Forest River Salem Cruise Lite issues.. Now, its important to understand the Forest River offers the idea of camping to folks that would not..."
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "I just want to say that my two thousand and five Chrysler Jimmy Chrysler 300 C I have had one problem out of the car since I purchased it and..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."